Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Optimism, Excitement, Determination

Legace Not Optimistic

Detroit Red Wings backup goalie Manny Legace isn't sharing in Chris Chelios' outlook for a season. "I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think there's enough time," said Legace from the the NHL and NHLPA meetings in Toronto.

The two sides are deep into the 11th hour, and if a deal is to be struck it must be quickly. Manny is looking at these meetings as a public relations ploy by the league. "It's just something for them before they declare an impasse," said Legace

Head Coach Davis Lewis remains upbeat, "As long as they're talking, there's a chance for an agreement."

No one can deny that the NHL is in trouble. The sides are still miles apart and no one seems to have answers. Its a battle over a salary cap that could go deep into next season. If it does, there will be long term damage to the league.

T.O. Not Cleared

Terrell Owens' doctor said he will not clear the receiver to play in the Super Bowl. Regardless, TO says he's gonna play. "Spiritually I've been healed and I believe that I'll be out there on that field Sunday, regardless of what anybody says."

DETNews.com: Doctor says he won't clear Owens for Super Bowl

Morningweg Regrets Nothing

Haw does Marty feel about moving from the Lions to the Eagles?

"Pretty good rebound, huh?" he said with a small smile. "The two years in Detroit, that was kind of like a little speed bump, I guess.

"Detroit's in the past. We're moving on."

DETNews.com: Mornhinweg rolls with punches

Tollner Will Coordinate

Steve Mariucci has hired Ted Tollner to be the next offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions. Tollner, with the 49ers in the same role last season, was one of six candidates for the job. Tollner replaces Sherman Lewis, who has retired.

Freep.com: Lions settle on Tollner

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger the sports dude said...

I think that the season is gone, for what it is worth. I know I "shocked" you with my own post on my lack of hockey love, but all the same I think it would be sad to lose out on the season. For the record, I still say make Gretzky come in, tell Bettman that the players agree to the cap as long as he steps down and Wayne takes his place, then everyone gets there way! The owners get the cap that they all but require and the players get an actual hockey guy running the league! Everyone wins!

I think it would be foolish for T.O. to play and a distraction for the team. The team is rolling right now and if he comes back, even though he is T.O., I think that some of that "roll" might be interuppted. I think the best thing for him to do is get 100%, be a cheerleader and prepare for next year. But I think it would hurt the Eagles more for him to come back, especially not 100%, than help.

I never really had a problem with Morningweg, believe it or not! Was he a good head coach? HELL NO!!!! But I think the dude was just in way over his head and had no talent to back it up.

As far as Tollner, what can you say? The guy ran the worst offense in the NFL last year and actually had a QB that was worse than Harrington! Can't believe there are any worse than Joey out there, but Rattay is definitely one of them, and there aren't that many! I don't care who the offensive coordinator is, as long as Joey is taking snaps, not even Jesus could get any production out of the passing game! That is the truth!

Later - T.S.D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home