Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Pistons Drop Fourth

Pistons Drop Fourth

Led by Kevin Garnett, the Timberwolves beat the Pistons 86-83. Rip Hamilton watched on the sidelines with a bruised thigh and Tayshaun had to leave the game early with a sprained ankle as the Pistons lost their fourth into a row. Chauncey Billups led the Pistons with 22 points, nine rebounds, and six assists.

It was a night of poor shooting, little turnovers, and poor officiating. At the end of the game, Carlos Arroyo was clearly goal tended, but the call wasn’t made. McDyess entered the second half with zero fouls and then was whistled four times in four minutes.

Minnesota continued to find fuel from their bench. Wally Szczerbiak contributed with 15 points and Eddie Griffin added 14 more points with 10 rebounds. Hudson and Hoiberg contributed a combined total of 16 points to help the Wolves’ bench outscore the Pistons’ bench 45-25.

Detroit played a good defensive game, as did Minnesota. In the end, Larry Brown wasn’t happy. "It's not fair. It's a joke. This has been happening too much," Brown said.

The Pistons trailed by 14 in the first half before storming back within one. Without Hamilton in the lineup, it’s hard for them to win. Hamilton is their catalyst on offense averaging 20.8 points per game and assisting 4.2 per game.

Overall I think they played a tough game. Yes, scoring was a problem, but it was one of those games. Compared to Minnesota’s sub-par scoring effort, the Pistons played fine. The difference was just in Rip’s absence and questionable officiating.

The Denver Nuggets are up next for the Pistons. They will play host on Wednesday at 7:30 PM. Denver, 17-23 overall, has struggled on the road with a 5-14 record. They’ve had trouble scoring and have been giving up a lot of points. Kenyon Martin and Carmelo Anthony will be the focus on the game. Containing these two will shut down both their inside and outside game.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger the sports dude said...

I caught part of the game on TV, but missed the end when all the "crap" seemed to go down. For the record, even if it is "unfair" in LB's eyes, I am tired of hearing his whining. Seriously, does anyone else think this guy is bringing the Pistons down? I love Larry Brown, but I think he is just tired and running out of gas! The dude has no time off and I think he just needs a break. The more and more I listen, the more and more I think about it I am going to say this season is his last. I started to think maybe one more after this, but I am just not sold on it anymore. I think this is the end of the line for LB - with the Pistons anyway. But, have no fear, Laimbeer, Mahorn and maybe the Microwave will soon be here! The players are tired of his antics, his pouting and his just down right monotone attitude! I can not even remember the last time he smiled! Was it on stage last year at the championship celebration - it may very well be! I have always loved Larry Brown, but I think it is time for everyone to go their seperate ways.

Hey, for the record - I posted about your "Belichick Trophy" on the site. I was going to respond in a comment, but it ended up being to long. Later - T.S.D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home