Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Pistons Surge, Braylon Heads To Combine, Ordonez Ready

DetNews.com: Pistons take fifth in row - The Detroit Pistons extend their winning streak to five. Also, they've won 10 of 11. Prince and Rip led the way with 19 each. Ben pulled down 14 boards. Arroyo led the bench with 13 points. It looks as if the second half surge is well under way. Look for the Pistons in the NBA finals again this year.

DetNews.com: Ordonez takes his cuts - Magglio Ordonez says he feels fine after his first spring training workout. His knee held up fine. He made cuts. He did take a break and sat down to rest his knee. No sense in pushing it too far.

DetNews.com: Edwards ready for next step - Braylon Edwards is heading to the NFL combine where he will show off why he should be picked in the upcoming NFL draft. "It's a business trip," Edwards said. "You go to the Combine to talk to general managers and talk to coaches -- let them get a feel for you. All they have to go by is what they've read and heard about you."

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger the sports dude said...

The Pistons are definitely rolling at the right time. This west coast trip should be a test for them to see where they are at right now. If they can pull off a 3-3 trip and not get blown out in any of the games I think I would view it as a success. Plus, with Shaq hurting his knee yesterday, albeit somewhat mild, they could use a few more wins here to make up some ground and maybe push for that #1 seed. But, like I said, no less than the #2 seed is required for survival. Hey, I posted about this yesterday - a conspiracy theory that is floating around in my head. Could you see Stern letting Artest return fo the playoffs if say the #2 Pistons played the #7 Pacers in the first round? I could totally see it and it pisses me off to think of it. If Artest returns at all this year I will lose what little respect I have left for Stern. He should have been gone much longer, but that is my opinion.

I hope Maggs continues to make strides and I hope they all stay careful with him, which it seems like they intend to. If that knee holds up - man, I am SOOOO excited about this season.

I hope Edwards does well at the combine. I would like to see him go to a decent team, not some door mat like San Fran, but only time will tell. Shit, the Lions love receivers so why not? Just kidding, they need to get a safety.

Hey, what is up with the new site - Detroit Sports Central? Where is the love for the forehead? The linkage man? Just kidding - I would like to say I love the banner and not putting a Spartan logo in it was a great choice - no matter what the sports pig says! Why cheapen it with the green!?!?

Later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home