Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tigers Round Up

Tigers news is flying out of Florida this week with the start of Spring Training.

Tigers tutor Sanchez - Trammell is looking for Alex Sanchez to step up and run with the CF position. He's hoping that the solution to the position was there all along.

TIGERS SPRING TRAINING: Pudge lite - Pudge slimmed himself down for this season. No, its not the lack of roids such as seen in Giambi. He's changed his off season workout a bit, and got himself into a little better shape. With him entering his mid-30s, this is probably a wise decision.

Hungry Higgy would accept reserve duty - Looks like Higginson is going to fight for a starting job. Trammell feels he deserves a shot at securing an everyday role on the ream. I would agree, but only because he needs to earn his paycheck.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger the sports dude said...

Man, I stop blogging for a week and blogger gets all weird on me with this new comment garbage!

Anyway, for what it is worth, there are a lot of reasons to be optomistic about this years Tabbies as opposed to the last 11 spring training sessions. Are they there yet? I don't know, to much is riding on the "if's". They look better on paper, and I think they are closer, but how close? Last year Pudge got me interested, but there is just something there this year that I have NOT felt in a long time about Tiger baseball. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, maybe it is just gas, but there is just a feeling for these guys that I have not had in a long time. I am REALLY looking forward to the whole thing beginning for real and can't wait until opening day.

Hey the other site looks smooth - I like the banner up top. Later.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Dan Joseph said...

Yeah, the new comment system is ok, not quite as I expected it to work, but it'll do for now.

Anyhow, the Tigers are exciting me because of the unknowns. For the first time, we're seeing a trend of improvement each year, or an effort of improvement. I'm really anxious to see how the bullpen pans out, and the outfield.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home