Friday, February 18, 2005

Tigers Excited About Spring Training

Looks like the Tigers are excited to open camp this spring. I know I sure am. The Tigers will get their first look at their new team. In comes Troy Percival, Magglio Ordonez, Kyle Farnsworth, and a host of others.

Notes: Tigers excited to open camp

While Higginson could be pushed to the number five outfielder position, he's not sweatin' it.

"You can see the writing on the wall," he said. "You've got to deal with it. You can't complain about it, because that's not going to do anybody any good. You go out and try to play the best you can. I feel like I'm in real good shape. I feel like I've worked hard this offseason. Just go out and do the best I can do."

Maybe that's what Bobby needs to kick himself into gear. It is contract year, he's got competition, and the we'll be watching.

Higginson in survival mode

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger the sports dude said...

I think Higgy still has some worth. If you release him you still have to pay him, so I say leave him as a fifth outfielder insurance policy. White has old knees, Maggs has a new knee and Higgy is still the best defensive outfielder on the team. I think he still has some worth and I think the Tigers will keep him just for those reasons. But, like the Tigers, I am also excited for the season to begin - even more so than last year.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dan Joseph said...

I hear yah there. No sense is eating that kind of money. At least make the guy show up for work every day and give what he has left in the tank.

Kind of a shame the way his career turned out. I don't know what really happened, but he had a great start to it all in the 90s. Should have been a steady 280-300 hitter each season. Maybe not hall of fame caliber, but definitely worthy of a good place in Detroit sports history.

I'm excited also. Last year was more of a curious year. This year is more of a "let's get it done!" year. I guess we're at the point where they are going to make or break it. Will be wanting to see how Guillen does again, Infante, then new comers Percival, Ordonez, Farnsworth and the youngsters. Who can make the roster, who goes to Toledo, who gets cut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home