Friday, January 21, 2005

Trade Watch: Arroyo Talks Heat Up

Reports out of New York have Carlos Arroyo coming to Detroit in favor of Elden Campbell and a future First Round Pick.

Arroyo, unhappy with his playing time lately, is averaging 8.2 points per game and 5.1 assists. Given that this trade loses virtually nothing for the Pistons, it look as if Utah is happy to honor is trade requests.

Arroyo could give Hunter that needed second guard off the bench. With Delfino out for a little while longer, the Pistons need help.

Look for a trade as soon as today.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger the sports dude said...

Going to be posting about this later on today myself, just short on time right now. To me, it would make sense except for one word - Shaq! The Pistons still need to go thru Miami to get to the Finals, and Elden played a big part against the Lakers last year. If there were no Shaq factor it would not be a big deal, moving Elden for a much needed back up guard would make perfect sense. But Elden's 15-20 minutes, but more importantly six fouls a game, would be sorely missed in a seven game series against Shaq, I mean the Heat. Otherwise, I say go for it! Unless Dumars has another Big Man in his back pocket somewhere ( bring back Coleman?) then maybe it might make sense to think twice. I don't know, I am torn - I just think that his size and fouls against Shaq might be missed a lot down the road as opposed to now. But, that is just me.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Dan Joseph said...

You make good points about Elden. That too went thru my mind, but I tried to keep it out. Elden's job was Shaq, but other than that, he's a liability. I think that Ben Wallace could handle Shaq if asked to do so, and I also think that Shaq is most ineffective when you cut off the ball route to him. He's not real guardable, so maybe a change in plans to cover him would an ok solution to the loss of Elden?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Dan Joseph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Dan Joseph said...

The Sports Pig is reporting that Utah might release Campbell, clearing the way for Detroit to pick him back up. Now that would be nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home