Monday, January 31, 2005

Brown Staying Put

Pistons Coach Larry Brown has spoken. "Even if they offer me the job at the end of this season, I am not going to go coach the Knicks," Brown said. This comes two days after he called New York his dream job. We all have dream jobs, but that doesn't always mean we take them when they're presented.

Brown's problem is he has a history of moving from team to team after he feels he has nothing left to offer. Some criticize him for such antics, others admire him for knowing when to go. I've always been under the opinion that if a coach has done all they can with a team, and wants to move on to help another grow, that is fine.

The Pistons (26-19) are in second place behind Cleveland. Larry Brown has been largely unsatisfied with what he calls a lack of effort on the court. His team has lost games they should have won, and have barely won games they should have lost. He was also very upset with the brawl.

These are not reasons why a head coach would ultimately quit.

"I told the guy I'm going to coach in Detroit and this is going to be my last coaching job," Brown said. "My statement to him was I'm not coaching anywhere else, this is my last coaching job. My goal is to finish here and hang with my family."

ESPN.com: Brown's nix: Detroit 'is my last coaching job'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home