Wednesday, February 09, 2005

WOW

That was the word that I stated when I turned on the Michigan/Illinois game last night at half time. I decided to go out to dinner and to Home Depot rather than watch Michigan get crushed on their home court. Needless to say, I was shocked when I returned home.

My first impression was in the second half. I didn't see a dominate Michigan team, but I did see a strong defensive Michigan team. With the score low, the Wolverines were able to keep the game under control. It wasn't until 12 minutes left in the second half that Dee Brown finally took control of the game, and put the Illini ahead for good.

Michigan shot pretty good last (19-39). They were also good from the three point line (6-14). They continued to struggle with free throws (7-14) and turned over the ball when they couldn't afford it the most.

Dion Harris led Michigan scoring with 21 points. Courtney Sims added 15 and Chris Hunter added 15. With two of their top starters out, Michigan has had to rely more on these guys. They haven't disappointed, but a shallow team has not been able to win games.

Michigan's losing streak is now seven games. They face number 12 Michigan State and number 21 Wisconsin next. After that they play host to Indiana. Head coach Tommy Amaker is going to have to make more adjustments to avoid extending his streak to 10 games.

Here's a recap from ESPN.com:

ESPN.com: Brown keys second-half comeback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home