Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Watson Will Graduate

Gabe Watson, defensive tackle for Michigan, will return for his senior year.

"Basically, it's unfinished business," said Watson, an All-Big Ten player. "I've been here three years, been going to school close to 15 years, I'm like, 'Hey, I'm this close. I might as well finish it out and get a degree.' "

Watson had a career high 36 tackles, two sacks, and forced a fumble. Watson wants to add the Rose Bowl title against Texas on January 1. Considered the team's most dominant lineman, Watson says there is room for improvement. "I can improve," he said. "There's a reason why I didn't make it." What he didn't make is any All-American teams. Fundamentals will be the main focus for improvement.

I am glad to see Watson return to the Wolverines. He is a big part of the defensive, and the extra year could help him smooth out his game, and slip into the NFL easier.

Reactions?

-Dan Joseph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home