Monday, December 20, 2004

Inge, Sanchez Re-signed

The Detroit Tigers have signed Brandon Inge, and Alex Sanchez to one year contracts. This signals a plan B movement by the Tigers. The Tigers have struck out in the free agent market in which they outbid for Pavano, and Beltre, coming up with neither.

My reaction to this was ok. I like Sanchez, I just want him to settle down a little bit. He's agressive, but a little overly agressive. I was very happy to see Inge back. I felt he did a GREAT job last season, and deserved another shot. He offers a solid arm, and a good backup solution behind the plate.

These signings, however, do not make the Tigers better. The only area that has improved is the bullpen, and even at that, it's only improved in two areas. Closer, and Setup. The Tigers must continue to shop for an ace.

Reactions?

-Dan Joseph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home