Monday, December 10, 2007

What's The Point?

I sat here writing about my complaints and beefs with the Detroit Lions. I wrote about how Bill Ford Sr is a horrible owner. How Matt Millen should be fired. Finally I wrote about how ticket sales have slowed, but not stopped.

Then I realized, what's the point?

Every week we sit here and complain about how bad we hate the Lions. Even in the first eight game where they only lost two, we found a reason to complain and degrade them. I sit here now to ask myself, and you, why?

They aren't worth our time and energy like this each week. So for the first time in years, I am going to take the stand, and not go off on the Lions. I'm going to push my disappointment and amazement at their most recent loss behind me.

Now for my "positive" take.

The Detroit Lions did what they were supposed to do, they lost. Sure, for fantasy owners sporting Jason Hanson and Kevin Jones, they put up some good numbers to appease you. Perhaps you even gained a win from them. I know I did.

The Lions played to perfection. When they needed to run out the clock to prevent a loss, they made sure they only got it down to 2:29. Plenty of time for the Cowboys to move down the field and score a TD. High fives were rollin' all over the side lines. Players and Coaches agreed. They gave the fans another L!

But there is another burning question. Should Marinelli get a contract extension? Sure, why not! I thought for a minute he was going to break the tradition of losing, but he managed to get it together with five straight losses. Rumor even has it that he arranged for the injury of WR Roy Williams.

If that's the case, wow! Give him a raise and an extension!

Bottom line, we love to hate our Lions. And why not? They give us reasons. They show us they can win, but do not disappoint by doing so. They tease the unbelievers, and reward those of us that know they have what it takes.

Thank you, Mr. Millen, for destroying what little of a team they had.

Vick Sentenced

Michael Vick will spend the next 22 months in prison. He received a 23 month sentence, and he's already put in a month's time. I think the time could have been longer, but considering he's a first time offender, and he got more than his co-defendants, the punishment seems fine. Vick's NFL career is probably over, although I'm sure someone will check on his availability for the 2010 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home