Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Sanchez Still An Option?

From the mouth of Juan Iglesias, agent of Alex Sanchez...

"I really don't expect them not to offer him a contract," Iglesias said. "If they didn't want him, they would've traded him, in my opinion. I try to be as optimistic as possible. In this case, I've talked with them. I haven't gotten any indication from [legal counsel] John [Westhoff] and [GM] Dave [Dombrowski] that they're going to non-tender him."

This doesn't necessarily mean that Sanchez will definitely be offered a contract, it simply means the Tigers have kept their options open. If the Tigers can land free agent outfielder J.D. Drew, or third baseman Adrian Beltre (moving Inge to the outfield), I wouldn't expect Sanchez to be re-signed.

MLB.com: Sanchez expecting a contract

-Dan Joseph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home